DATE :: unfortunately we have canceled the 2014 edition of the greatest runner ever. We look forward to bringing it back in 2015.
WHAT IS IT? :: The Greatest Runner Ever is a competition where each person runs five (5) events :: 1 mile, 400m, 800m, 100m, and a 5k XC. In that order. Must be 15 or older to participate.
TIME :: Check -in begins at 5pm. Must be checked in prior to 5:30pm. Running begins promptly at 6pm. We expect to be done around 8pm. We will then head to MJ’s in Tinton Falls for our post-race party and awards.
LOCATION :: CBA track, 850 Newman Springs Rd, Lincroft, NJ 07738.
COST :: $35 per runner if registering before 6.1.14. $50 per runner if registering on or after 6.1.14.
AWARDS PARTY :: All finishers of all 5 events will be awarded a very cool shirt. Non-finishers will not earn a shirt. Awards ceremony will be after the race at MJ’s in Tinton Falls. First drink is on us! We will award prizes to Male and Female Open Champions and Male and Female Masters (46 and older) champions.
SCORING :: Events are scored according to place. (1st place in an event scores 1 point. 40th person in the event scores 40 points). After all of the events, we tally the scores and the person with the lowest score wins.
RACE DAY DETAILS ::
- We will seed you into heats according to the mile seed time on your entry form. Please be as accurate as possible.
- There will be about 5-10 minutes between each event.
- Except for the 100 and 5k, there will be 8-16 people in each heat – fewer in the faster heats, more in the slower heats. We try to group people so everyone has someone to run against. The mile, 800 and 400 heats will have the same people in them each time.
- The 100m is run in groups of 6.
- Everyone runs the 5k XC course at once.
- Starting blocks are not allowed. Spikes under 1/4″ are allowed. Snazzy uniforms are encouraged.
- Any runner who fails to check in to their assigned heat on time will be disqualified.
PAST RESULTS :: find 2012 and 2013 results here